The history of roulette is one that combines cold facts with a mass of fiction and old-wives tales. Roulette means “little wheel” in French and is believed to have originated in the 18th century. The wheel might be small, but the rewards and entertainment factors are massive.
Developed by Blaise Pascal, a Frenchmen who invented the wheel while studying probability and other sciences, he has no idea how much of an impact his simple invention would have. After a few modifications, the roulette wheel was born.
A Step-By-Step on How to Play Roulette
The objective in roulette is the same, no matter what version or variant is played: try to guess which number the little white ball will land on next. Make sure you’re clued up on the betting options, the extras, and the intricacies of the different variants.
Once you’re clued up on the different betting options, get betting. Then click SPIN to get the action started.
Once the roulette wheel stops spinning, winning wagers will be determined.
All winning bets will be paid and the losing bets will be collected. Once this has been done, a new round will begin.
Roulette Tips from Golden Riviera Casino
Golden Riviera Casino offers gamblers a multitude of 2018’s best hints, tips, and tricks to players wanting to try a new casino game. These strategies will ensure you develop the most valuable gaming techniques, and teach you how to play the best possible real money bets on roulette at any top online casino.
When placing bets, there are a number of different options and these options are as follows:
- Inside Bets: These bets are the ones based on the inside of the roulette wheel. They allow players to place bets on straight up numbers or combinations of numbers.
- Straight up Bets: These are bets placed on individual numbers and pay 35:1.
- Split Bets: These are bets placed on two numbers and pay 17:1.
- Street Bets: These bets are also known as line bets. To make these bets, players are required to place their chips on the vertical line which separates the inside and outside bets.
- Corner Bets: These bets are also known as quad bets. These bets cover four numbers by players placing their chips in the position that it is touching the four corners of the numbers.
- Basket Bets: These bets cover five numbers – 00, 0, 1, 2, and 3.
- Double Street Bets: This bet covers 6 numbers and can be done by players placing their chip on the line separating the outside and inside area.
- Outside Bets: These are bets made on the pockets on the outside area of the roulette wheel.
- Red and Black Bets: These are bets placed on the ball landing on either any black or red number.
- Even or Odd Bets: These are bets placed on the ball landing on any even or odd number.
- Dozens Bets: These bets cover 12 consecutive numbers by casino patrons placing their bet in the boxes marked 1-12, 13-24, and 25-36.
- Column Bets: These bets also cover 12 numbers but in vertical columns. To make these wagers, players need to place their chips at the bottom of the table game layout.